Felmo is a German-based company in the field of veterinary services. The company provides a wide range of services including online consultations, appointment booking to the vet, instant and permanent access to treatment results, and more. The client wanted to develop a mobile app that connects vet clinics and pet owners looking for medical care services online.
- The client wanted to develop a mobile application within 60 days on a limited budget. Hence, our task was to provide a solution that would allow us to quickly create a quality brand app and stay on a specified budget.
- The client's wireframes weren't enough to provide the user flow logic. They needed a UX audit and UI/UX designs.
- The team had to deliver applications for both iOS and Android platforms within 60 days.
Scope of work
1. UX/UI Design development:
- Working with the client’s wireframes;
- UX audit;
- UI design.
2. Mobile app development included:
- The development of a user interface for both versions of the app;
- Conducting market research to find a solution that would meet all the project's requirements;
- Continuous integration and delivery.
Based on Eva Design System, the app enables users to:
- Keep track of the current appointments;
- Schedule the next appointment;
- Keep at hand a list of procedures prescribed by the vet;
- See each appointment in a vet clinic in detail (notes, time, etc.);
- Use the knowledge base via a series of articles;
- View a history log that includes the details of procedures and medicine prescribed by the doctor and their corresponding status;
- Communicate with vets via chats;
- Receive automatic notifications.
- Programming languages: TypeScript
- Tools and frameworks: React, React Native, MobX
- Libraries: React Navigation (as a routing library), UI Kitten (UI library for React Native)
- Design platform: Eva Design System
- CI/CD: Bitrise
- Messaging service: Pusher
- Testing: Crashlytics
- Data analytics: Firebase Analytics
A mobile application was released on the App Store and Google Play and is available for download in Germany. The use of React Native UI Kitten allowed Felmo to reduce front-end development time by 25% and save thousands of dollars. The outcome of the project is a multifunctional mobile application with a set of custom icons and illustrations.
- A ready-made UI Kit based on the customer’s style guide and Eva Design System.
- The use of Eva Design System helps to automate the creation of wireframes by 15%.
- Using Eva Design System, we managed to increase the design maintenance speed by 50%.