Felmo is a German-based company that released a software solution for vet clinics and pet owners. Representing an online veterinary service, it allows customers to receive medical care via a mobile app.
Felmo provides a wide range of services that include online consultation, appointment booking to the vet, instant and permanent access to treatment results, and more. With a view of automating software development and building quality products, the client came across Eva Design System, created by the Akveo team.
As Eva comes packed with plenty of handcrafted elements and enables easy to make cool branded designs, the customer decided to use it for making a mobile application.
- The client wanted to develop a mobile application within 60 days in a limited budget. Hence, our task was to provide a solution that would allow us to quickly create a quality brand app and stay on a specified budget.
- The client's wireframes weren't enough to provide the user flow logic. They needed a UX audit and further UI/UX design.
- The team had to deliver two mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms within 60 days.
Scope of Work
1. UX/UI Design development:
- Work with the client’s wireframes
- UX audit
- UI design
2. Mobile app development included:
- Making user interfaces of a mobile application
- Market research to find the best solution that would meet all the project requirements
- Using continuous integration and continuous delivery
A mobile app created with the help of Eva Design System enables users to:
- Keep track of the current appointments;
- Schedule the next appointment;
- Keep at hand a list of procedures prescribed by the doctor;
- See each appointment in a vet clinic in detail (notes, time, etc.);
- Use the knowledge base that is presented by articles;
- View a history log that includes details of what kind of procedures and medicines were prescribed by the doctor and what of these were completed;
- Communicate with vets via chats provided by a messaging service;
- Receive automatic notifications.
- Programming languages: TypeScript
- Tools and frameworks: React, React Native, MobX
- Libraries: React Navigation (as a routing library), UI Kitten (UI library for React Native)
- Design platform: Eva Design System
- CI/CD: Bitrise
- Messaging service: Pusher
- Testing: Crashlytics
- Data analytics: Firebase Analytics
A mobile application was released on the App Store and Google Play and is available for download in Germany. What’s more, the client has got the following results:
- Ready-made UI Kit based on the customer’s style guide and Eva Design System.
- A mobile application with a set of custom icons and illustrations.
- The use of React Native UI Kitten allowed the customer to reduce front-end development time by 25% and save thousands of dollars.
- The use of Eva Design System lets us automate the creation of wireframes by 15%.
- Due to Eva Desing System, we managed to increase the design maintenance speed by 50%.